Makes 2 main course portions – multiply according for more people
You will need
1 red onion
1 red pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1tsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C, gas mark 6.
2. Slice the aubergines about 1 cm thick, brush with olive oil and place on a baking tray.
3. Peel the onion and slice into 6 – 8 wedges, core pepper and slice length wise into 6. Add to the aubergine on the tray.
4. Drizzle with half the remaining oil and the soy sauce, season to taste with salt and black pepper and toss to coat everything.
5. Roast the vegetables for about 30 minutes until tender, then remove from oven.
6. Lay the pastry out, then use a saucer or cardboard template to cut out two circles.
7. Place the circles on a greased baking sheet and very lightly, score an inner circle about 1 cm from the edge.
8. Split the vegetables between the two pastry circles, avoiding the outer edge, sprinkle on the chopped rosemary and bake for 20 minutes, until pastry is crisp.
The vegetables can be roasted the day before and stored covered in the fridge, so that the galettes can be assembled just before cooking.