Serves 6 - 8 as a starter
You will need
8 red peppers
250 g firm goat’s cheese
6 – 8 tbsp good quality olive oil
1 - 2 cloves garlic
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 C, gas mark 6.
2. Cut peppers in half and remove core and seeds
3. Place on a baking tray in a single layer, and drizzle over about 1 tbsp oil to coat lightly.
4. Roast in the hot oven for about 30 minutes until soft and the skin is slightly charred.
5. Remove from oven and place immediately into a large Pyrex or earthenware bowl. Cover tightly with cling film and leave to cool completely.
6. When cool, peel the skin from the peppers and discard it, doing it over the bowl to retain any cooking juices.
7. Divide each pepper half into three long slices.
8. Peel the garlic clove and leave whole, add to the peppers and pour over enough oil to coat all the peppers.
9. Cover tightly and leave to marinade overnight in the fridge.
10. Remove from fridge about an hour before required, to allow the peppers and oil to come to room temperature.
11. Remove garlic cloves, spoon peppers between plates.
12. Grind over black pepper and crumble goat’s cheese over each.
13. Spoon some of the marinade oil over each serving and serve with crusty bread.