Serves 6 as a main course
You will need
50g butter, softened
1 tbsp flat leaf parsley chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste
2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
800g piece skinned salmon fillet
Milk to glaze
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C, gas mark 6.
2. Cream together the butter, herbs, garlic paste, lemon zest and juice. Add a good grind of salt and pepper.
3. Lay out one piece of the pastry.
4. Lay the salmon on top of the pastry, making sure there is a good 2 cm gap around the edges, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread the butter and herb mix on top of the salmon.
6. Brush the edge of the pastry with a little milk.
7. Lay the second pastry sheet on top of the salmon and gently ease the edges down, to align with the sheet below. Press firmly to join the seams.
8. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, brush the top with remaining milk and make two slits in the top of the pastry.
9. Bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp and the salmon is cooked through.